Andy Murray

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Andy Murray

The former temporary home of members of the former official forum of tennis player Andy Murray. This forum is no longer in use save as an archive. Please join us by re-registering at www.andymurrayfanforum.com/

+24
-David--
Lizzim
lady
Caro
banskogirl
Manaus
pabbers
Speedy Hawk
harriet
cazza99
hfwardhouse
jaydu
oscar
patmoren
JAMES4578
lynne
drewziph
vamosvixs
lankster2003
xenon21
RoastLamb
Linda
Jan
Admin
28 posters

TEMPORARY FORUM - pending all sorts

harriet

TEMPORARY FORUM - pending all sorts - Page 2 Empty feedback and support

Post  harriet Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:32 pm

is it possible to contact andy, or judy or jamie, to let them know how distressing was the abrupt closure of the forum; and to ask for their take on its closure
    drewziph
    drewziph

TEMPORARY FORUM - pending all sorts - Page 2 Empty Re: TEMPORARY FORUM - pending all sorts

Post  drewziph Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:54 pm

harriet wrote:is it possible to contact andy, or judy or jamie, to let them know how distressing was the abrupt closure of the forum; and to ask for their take on its closure

I certainly think we should be trying to get some kind of dialogue with someone from team murray as to what has happened.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

TEMPORARY FORUM - pending all sorts - Page 2 Empty Re: TEMPORARY FORUM - pending all sorts

Post  Admin Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:00 pm

drewziph wrote:
    harriet wrote:is it possible to contact andy, or judy or jamie, to let them know how distressing was the abrupt closure of the forum; and to ask for their take on its closure

I certainly think we should be trying to get some kind of dialogue with someone from team murray as to what has happened.
    I guess it's possible that some people already have contacted them, and/or their management, but politics and diplomacy might prevent a response whether private or public.
    Speedy Hawk
    Speedy Hawk

Post  Speedy Hawk Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:57 pm

I am happy to take out FTM Cincinnati from overall toplist if most of you agree with that BUT I have to say that this FTM Cincinncati had much more people predicting than any previous Masters tournments and it even only 2 people less than Wimbledon/Queens the most popular season of the year so that is a lot.

So still want Cincinnati be discounted? Let me know.
    cazza99

Post  cazza99 Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:05 am

Speedy Hawk wrote:I am happy to take out FTM Cincinnati from overall toplist if most of you agree with that BUT I have to say that this FTM Cincinncati had much more people predicting than any previous Masters tournments and it even only 2 people less than Wimbledon/Queens the most popular season of the year so that is a lot.

If we even had only one person who wanted to predict but could not because of the forum closure then I think it should not be counted.
    pabbers
    pabbers

Post  pabbers Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:03 am

cazza99 wrote:
    Speedy Hawk wrote:I am happy to take out FTM Cincinnati from overall toplist if most of you agree with that BUT I have to say that this FTM Cincinncati had much more people predicting than any previous Masters tournments and it even only 2 people less than Wimbledon/Queens the most popular season of the year so that is a lot.

If we even had only one person who wanted to predict but could not because of the forum closure then I think it should not be counted.

I'd agree with Cazza here.
    harriet

TEMPORARY FORUM - pending all sorts - Page 2 Empty re temporary forum

Post  harriet Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:31 am

Admin wrote:
    drewziph wrote:

I guess it's possible that some people already have contacted them, and/or their management, but politics and diplomacy might prevent a response whether private or public.
    i agree with drewziph, and i'm a bit unhappy with 'some people' and 'politics and diplomacy'
    the forum had ceased to be an official forum, and i would suggest that there might be some approach by the present admin team, on behalf of all of us, whether here or the forum in its previous existence.
    i don't want to stir up anything, but i do grieve that so much history has just been jettisoned
    drewziph
    drewziph

Post  drewziph Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:30 am

harriet wrote:
    Admin wrote:
    drewziph wrote:

i agree with drewziph, and i'm a bit unhappy with 'some people' and 'politics and diplomacy'
    the forum had ceased to be an official forum, and i would suggest that there might be some approach by the present admin team, on behalf of all of us, whether here or the forum in its previous existence.
    i don't want to stir up anything, but i do grieve that so much history has just been jettisoned

I mean, they could've offered us the chance to take the reigns of the forum as it was and fund it ourselves. We would have managed that easy.
    Manaus
    Manaus

Post  Manaus Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:52 am

Just had a bit of time to register and post my entry to the bubble gap. Thanks to Sally and all the mods for setting this forum up, really appreciate it. Smile Hopefully will have time to post during the drama of the US Open.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:11 pm

Manaus wrote:Just had a bit of time to register and post my entry to the bubble gap. Thanks to Sally and all the mods for setting this forum up, really appreciate it. Smile Hopefully will have time to post during the drama of the US Open.

Hello Manaus - glad you found us and welcome to the temp tent.
    Very Happy

We're suckers for Murraycoasters!!!
    drewziph
    drewziph

Post  drewziph Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:48 pm

These forums support 'shoutboxes' which are more of a rolling chat of people online.

If this forum is sticking around for a while it may be worth implementing. I wouldn't mind doing it.

I know it's not high on the to do list, but just a thought!

http://help.forumotion.com/t354-shout-box
    banskogirl
    banskogirl

Post  banskogirl Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:40 pm

I am more disappointed as I thought Andy, Judy and Jamie always had an eye on what was being said and that when we are being positive they are reading and benefiting from it. now it feels when you are saying come Andy its a bit weird? anyone else feel like this or am I getting a bit depressing? I also thought that when Andy wins a slam he would have a word pale
    Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:17 am

I've assumed that they haven't been reading it for years.

And we say come on Heather, Bally, etc. and they aren't reading it - so just 'cos they aren't reading it is no reason not to cheer Smile
    banskogirl
    banskogirl

Post  banskogirl Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:08 am

thanks Linda Wink quite true. One of the commentators did mention on twitter that they would miss all the info they found on it!? not sure who it was though Idea
    cazza99

Post  cazza99 Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:04 am

It wouldn't surprise me if all sorts of people were reading the forum as guests. And it wouldn't be surprising if the Murray's dropped on occasionally as guests.
    banskogirl
    banskogirl

Post  banskogirl Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:28 am

cazza99 wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if all sorts of people were reading the forum as guests. And it wouldn't be surprising if the Murray's dropped on occasionally as guests.

yes I did think Judy did and that was why she offered prizes and Andy's T shirts for sale for charity etc. maybe we will never know Wink
    Caro

Post  Caro Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:30 am

OMG, I am still in shock!! Shocked Cannot believe the old forum is gone. Just back from holiday and opened the email from Sally.

Very well done for getting this set up, otherwise what would we do for the USO?!! Actually I will probably be moving house so won't be able to be online anyway!

Am devastated at the way all the heard working mods have been treated! That forum was Andy's fan club and its a real kick in the teeth!! Do the Murrays know about it? Just wonder what their thoughts are .... they know what a loyal bunch of fans we are
    JAMES4578
    JAMES4578

Post  JAMES4578 Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:45 am

Good you've joined Caro! Yes think we were all annoyed and upset by the Murray forums closure. Glad this forum was set up though being a free site it can't always cope. Guess we may not find out the Murray's feelings on all of this.
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:52 am

Caro wrote:
    Am devastated at the way all the heard working mods have been treated! That forum was Andy's fan club and its a real kick in the teeth!! Do the Murrays know about it? Just wonder what their thoughts are .... they know what a loyal bunch of fans we are

Well said Caro! The mods are taking yet another beatdown by former am.com posters over on MW. It really ticks me off. So sick of it all. They didn't get what they want so they behave like squabbling preschoolers. Boo hoo.
    Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:25 pm

So glad that you found us, Caro! cheers I've been searching for our members on other forums but couldn't find you anywhere.
    lady
    lady

Post  lady Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:51 pm

So glad and very big thank you cheers to all concerned in managing to get this site up and running and a very big thanks to Linda flower as i had enrolled on another site under 'lady' and received email from her telling me about set up of this site- i was Jean on old forum but am now staying with 'lady' as that was the name that managed to get me to find this site - so a very very big thanks to everyone concerned as i passionately follow Andy Murray and have felt in the wilderness for the past weeks not being able to share my passion with you all-
    JAMES4578
    JAMES4578

Post  JAMES4578 Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:44 am

A few problems with the site all weekend and particularly today, continually crashing or going slow! oh well, I know you can't expect too much from a free site but sometimes this is happening when there's little activity.
    Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:15 am

I haven't noticed any problems.
    Lizzim
    Lizzim

Post  Lizzim Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:37 am

No problems here either. I haven't been on for prolonged periods but every time I pop on I have no performance issues Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:46 am

JAMES4578 wrote:A few problems with the site all weekend and particularly today, continually crashing or going slow! oh well, I know you can't expect too much from a free site but sometimes this is happening when there's little activity.
    Hi James
    Really concerned about this because you reported problems before IIRC.
    Not sure what browser you are using but do you think there might be a compatibility problem?

Not sure what else to suggest. If others are having problems we'll investigate but if it IS only you then it might be computer settings?
    I know you're up on all this so can you get back to me a.s.a.p.
    Many thanks.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 8:18 pm