Andy Murray

The former temporary home of members of the former official forum of tennis player Andy Murray. This forum is no longer in use save as an archive. Please join us by re-registering at www.andymurrayfanforum.com/

TEMPORARY FORUM - pending all sorts

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

TEMPORARY FORUM - pending all sorts Empty TEMPORARY FORUM - pending all sorts

Post  Admin on Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi all

Welcome to all and everybody who used to be on the old am.com forum and who wants to park here.

Just to say this might well be a TEMPORARY forum.

Having been involved so much with the previous one means we are aware of what will be needed to come up with a viable alternative.

This one is apparently 'free' but we have yet to check what 'free' really means and for how long. We're setting up a couple of other 'test' forums to try out and checking on things like stablity, capacity for growth, costs of maintenance and so on.

We'll post on here later if there is anything to add.

I have to work for now though - back around 1pm.

Thanks for continuing to support Andy and for our message over the last 24hrs.
    It means a lot.
    flower
    take care all of you.
    Jan
    Jan

TEMPORARY FORUM - pending all sorts Empty Re: TEMPORARY FORUM - pending all sorts

Post  Jan on Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:01 pm

Well done! How you do all this sort of thing I have no idea, but a huge thank you from me! It's much appreciated. Very Happy Very Happy
    Linda
    Linda

TEMPORARY FORUM - pending all sorts Empty Re: TEMPORARY FORUM - pending all sorts

Post  Linda on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:09 am

many thanks as always to Sally and the other mods Very Happy
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:14 am

Many, many thanks Sally and the mods. Phenomenal stuff - as always!!! cheers

PS Can I just say some of the new emoticons are hilarious!!!
    xenon21

Post  xenon21 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:27 am

Hey guys. Welcome to the forum! Smile
    lankster2003

Post  lankster2003 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:46 am

Thanks for all your hard work in getting this all set up - amazingly quick Smile
    vamosvixs
    vamosvixs

Post  vamosvixs on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:46 am

Wow amazingly quick to get this set up!! Well done!! cheers
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:31 am

Just want to say that ALL the thanks for this belong to Fitzy!!!
    santa

....... and a reminder that it may not be where we stay .......

drewziph
    drewziph

Post  drewziph on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:48 am

hello hello hello Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:49 am

drewziph wrote:hello hello hello Smile

Hello Drew and welcome to you!

The action is on the Cincy match thread.
    Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:07 am

Admin wrote:Just want to say that ALL the thanks for this belong to Fitzy!!!
    santa

....... and a reminder that it may not be where we stay .......

Amazing, there's even a smiley of Fitzy on here!
    lynne
    lynne

Post  lynne on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:11 am

A big thanks to everyone concerned & Fitzy!!! Very Happy Very Happy
    JAMES4578
    JAMES4578

Post  JAMES4578 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:20 am

Fab how quickly this is up and running! Laughing Glad something is sorted out for now and happy to be here! Thanks to Fitzy, Sally and all concerned!
    patmoren
    patmoren

Post  patmoren on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:14 pm

Thanks guys but didn't know this existed until this morning when I saw a tweet about a new Andy Murray forum so then went searching for a link! Can't upload a picture but if this is temporary I won't pursue it at the moment. Had the same problem on BT.net but OK on Twitter and Facebook!!
    You have done an amazing job keeping everyone together so quickly.
    drewziph
    drewziph

Post  drewziph on Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi all,

Didn't want to make a new topic in FTM so figured here would be best.

I figure that scores for FTM will be a bit unfair for this tourny as some people are struggling to get them posted for obvious reasons.

I know FTM teams has been suspended but wanted to ask if FTM scores shouldn't be counted in the solo list either for Cincinnati.

That way people who have missed FTM won't be disadvantaged and we should have time to contact most and direct them here before the US open so both the normal and team scores can continue
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:47 am

drewziph wrote:Hi all,

I figure that scores for FTM will be a bit unfair for this tourny as some people are struggling to get them posted for obvious reasons.

I know FTM teams has been suspended but wanted to ask if FTM scores shouldn't be counted in the solo list either for Cincinnati.

That way people who have missed FTM won't be disadvantaged and we should have time to contact most and direct them here before the US open so both the normal and team scores can continue

Perhaps Speedy could let us know how many regulars she is missing and if so whether they've been contacted. If they have and there is a proper explanation for their absence i.e. we know they're away on holiday/sick etc then I see no reason why FTM cannot be counted.

If it is proven that people didn't predict because of the forum closure then there's no option but to discount the Cincy FTM for the Y/end figures.

Just my view. Anyone else?
    oscar
    oscar

Post  oscar on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:48 am

Just want to say thank you to whoever set this forum up. Pleased to see all the old familiar faces and topics.

Well done everyone!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:53 am

oscar wrote:Just want to say thank you to whoever set this forum up. Pleased to see all the old familiar faces and topics.

Well done everyone!

Welcome Oscar!!!
    We just hope our temporary 'home' will cope with the strain when Andy wins the match .......
    jaydu
    jaydu

Post  jaydu on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:29 am

Admin wrote:
    drewziph wrote:Hi all,

Perhaps Speedy could let us know how many regulars she is missing and if so whether they've been contacted. If they have and there is a proper explanation for their absence i.e. we know they're away on holiday/sick etc then I see no reason why FTM cannot be counted.

If it is proven that people didn't predict because of the forum closure then there's no option but to discount the Cincy FTM for the Y/end figures.

Just my view. Anyone else?
    it makes sense to cut if this week i for one missed points as i posted my score in the morning before the closure and sam obviously didnt get it as i got no points that day
    hfwardhouse
    hfwardhouse

Post  hfwardhouse on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm happy for the Cinci FTM not to be included in the year end as well cos lots of folk were missing I think.
    cazza99

Post  cazza99 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:37 am

I am happy for Cinci not to be included either if people have missed it.
    xenon21

Post  xenon21 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:35 am

Likewise
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:15 am

Hi folks

At the moment I cannot find a way to move posts and some of the ones above referring to FTM Cincy really belong in the FTM general thread.
    Can someone alert Speedy please?

There are some other 'glitches' that I'll try to sort out later this evening but I can't be here for the next hour or so.

Hope you're all OK?

It's been an unsettling few days and I just want to say thanks to everyone for sticking together and rallying around to keep the support for Andy focussed.

Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:09 am

Has anyone else noticed that : ( (without the gap) gives you the cry smiley instead of the sad one, and : cry : (without the gaps) gives you the sad smiley instead of the cry one? Question
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:24 am

Linda wrote:Has anyone else noticed that : ( (without the gap) gives you the cry smiley instead of the sad one, and : cry : (without the gaps) gives you the sad smiley instead of the cry one? Question

Nope .......... it's definitely different to the previous forum that is for sure.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:16 pm