Andy Murray

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Andy Murray

The former temporary home of members of the former official forum of tennis player Andy Murray. This forum is no longer in use save as an archive. Please join us by re-registering at www.andymurrayfanforum.com/

+8
rouges
Linda
cazza99
GUB
NorthernLights
lynne
JAMES4578
Admin
12 posters

* * * NEW PERMANENT FORUM NOW OPEN - www.andymurrayfanforum.com * * *

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

* * *  NEW PERMANENT FORUM  NOW OPEN - www.andymurrayfanforum.com * * * Empty * * * NEW PERMANENT FORUM NOW OPEN - www.andymurrayfanforum.com * * *

Post  Admin Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:13 am

It's time to pack up the Temporary Tent - and move over to the Murray Mansion.
    Very Happy

We owe a huge debt of thanks to former member Matt for setting up andymurray.forumotion. Without him we would have struggled to find a base for ex-am.commers to congregate and continue to follow the fortunes of the Murray brothers. It meant that people who had parked in other places such as Britishtennis.net (and on Twitter!) were able to keep in touch and it was gratifying to see so many of you here.

As you all know this forum was set up as a stop-gap to accommodate those who had been members of Andy's official forum before it was summarily closed. We tried very hard to get access allowed for people to obtain their blogs and memories from the former forum archive. Unfortunately, the legal position relied heavily on the Data Protection Act and our requests have been refused. It is a great pity that so many innocent people have lost their memories of seeing or meeting Andy and Jamie but there is nothing we can now do.

We can assure you all that the same would never be the case on the replacement forum but for your own peace of mind it's best to save copies of blogs outwith the forum before posting them.

We don't intend to drag up the whys and wherefores of the am.com forum closure because many people were upset at the time and it wouldn't help to go through all that again. Time has marched on and the sensible option is to draw a line under what happened and make a fresh start.

So, we're delighted to invite you, and your friends, to join us on the new AndyMurrayFanForum!!!

We're really excited that it's finally open and look forward to seeing you very soon.
    There are some familiar faces waiting to greet you ......... you can find us here.
    www.andymurrayfanforum.com

If you want a ride on the Murraycoaster that is?
    Very Happy

PS. This temporary forum will close to posting over the next 24hrs but remain as an archive.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JAMES4578
    JAMES4578

* * *  NEW PERMANENT FORUM  NOW OPEN - www.andymurrayfanforum.com * * * Empty Re: * * * NEW PERMANENT FORUM NOW OPEN - www.andymurrayfanforum.com * * *

Post  JAMES4578 Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:51 am

Good news Sally, thanks a lot to all involved in getting it up and running!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

* * *  NEW PERMANENT FORUM  NOW OPEN - www.andymurrayfanforum.com * * * Empty Re: * * * NEW PERMANENT FORUM NOW OPEN - www.andymurrayfanforum.com * * *

Post  Admin Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:57 am

Thanks James!
    Very Happy

We will leave this thread open for people to post on if they wish.
    Especially if you have trouble logging into the new forum!

Look forward to seeing you all.

Sallydaisy
    flower
    lynne
    lynne

Post  lynne Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 am

Looks like an old dog has to learn new tricks again.....I'm getting good though!.......Well done everyone concerned for keeping it all together...very much appreciated bounce bounce
    NorthernLights

Post  NorthernLights Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:24 am

Thanks Sally and everyone. See you over there!
    GUB
    GUB

Post  GUB Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:41 am

Don't leave without me lol! lol! lol!
    cazza99

Post  cazza99 Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:22 am

Thanks guys - see you on http://www.andymurrayfanforum.com/
    Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:49 am

Aww, I was hoping to celebrate 10,000 posts but we're only on 9,155!
    cazza99

Post  cazza99 Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:21 am

Linda wrote:Aww, I was hoping to celebrate 10,000 posts but we're only on 9,155!

Awww. Never mind we'll have every opportunity to get to 10,000 on http://www.andymurrayfanforum.com/
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:41 pm

Hello to those of you who've just joined this forum

Kat
    DawnMulc
    Mickey, not yet completed registration

Thanks very much for your interest but this was a temporary place whilst we set up a more permanent forum for fans of Andy and Jamie.

You can now find us here
    http://www.andymurrayfanforum.com/

We look forward to you joining us as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Admin
    rouges

Post  rouges Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:13 pm

Thanks Sally, I'm so pleased to checked in today as I've been away for the week. Can't wait to join the new site. I hope I don't have problems joining in.
    rouges

Post  rouges Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:24 pm

Hiya Sally
    this is rouges, I cannot post on the new forum, do I need to re register with new U?N and P/W ? Please I look forward to hearing from you. Ta. Rx
    AllyB

Post  AllyB Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi rouges

Doesn't look like Sally is about. Yes you do need to re-register for the new forum - pretty straightforward though. And well worth it in my opinion.

Ally
    pippadaisy

Post  pippadaisy Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:38 pm

Woo Hoo we,re going home
    Thanks all for the temporary tent, don't know how you guys do it
    You are all amazing
    See you at Murray Mansion cheers
    rouges

Post  rouges Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:53 pm

AllyB wrote:Hi rouges

Doesn't look like Sally is about. Yes you do need to re-register for the new forum - pretty straightforward though. And well worth it in my opinion.

Ally

Ta AB. I've done it.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi Rouges - glad you've found us.

Thanks Allyb!
    cazza99

Post  cazza99 Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:55 pm

Hi Rouge and Pippadaisy. Glad you have found us. See you over on Murray Mansion
    Mickey

* * *  NEW PERMANENT FORUM  NOW OPEN - www.andymurrayfanforum.com * * * Empty Good tomhave found the site

Post  Mickey Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:30 am

Pleased that we are up and running. How do I get an Andy Murray picture for my avatar?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:34 am

Mickey wrote:Pleased that we are up and running. How do I get an Andy Murray picture for my avatar?

Hello Mickey

Thank you for registering.

However, this forum you have just joined is the temporary one which kept us together for the last 8 weeks.

We have set up NEW PERMANENT FORUM at this address:-

You'll need to re-register I'm afraid but it is quite easy.
    If you have any further difficulty please leave a message here.
    Once you are in the new forum we'll help you with an avatar.

Thanks
    Admin.
    diamond gal

Post  diamond gal Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:59 am

Evening all, have found you all at last ! Diamond Gal here
    and I have missed all the banter. Nice to be back, great you have an alternative website. Woo Hoo I am excited lol xxxxx
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:01 am

Admin wrote:It's time to pack up the Temporary Tent - and move over to the Murray Mansion.
    Very Happy

We owe a huge debt of thanks to former member Matt for setting up andymurray.forumotion. Without him we would have struggled to find a base for ex-am.commers to congregate and continue to follow the fortunes of the Murray brothers. It meant that people who had parked in other places such as Britishtennis.net (and on Twitter!) were able to keep in touch and it was gratifying to see so many of you here.

As you all know this forum was set up as a stop-gap to accommodate those who had been members of Andy's official forum before it was summarily closed. We tried very hard to get access allowed for people to obtain their blogs and memories from the former forum archive. Unfortunately, the legal position relied heavily on the Data Protection Act and our requests have been refused. It is a great pity that so many innocent people have lost their memories of seeing or meeting Andy and Jamie but there is nothing we can now do.

We can assure you all that the same would never be the case on the replacement forum but for your own peace of mind it's best to save copies of blogs outwith the forum before posting them.

We don't intend to drag up the whys and wherefores of the am.com forum closure because many people were upset at the time and it wouldn't help to go through all that again. Time has marched on and the sensible option is to draw a line under what happened and make a fresh start.

So, we're delighted to invite you, and your friends, to join us on the new AndyMurrayFanForum!!!

We're really excited that it's finally open and look forward to seeing you very soon.
    There are some familiar faces waiting to greet you ......... you can find us here.

If you want a ride on the Murraycoaster that is?
    Very Happy

PS. This temporary forum will close to posting over the next 24hrs but remain as an archive.
    2 years down the line and the Andy Murray Fan Forum survives and thrives.  

We've now closed this forum except as an archive but we'd be glad to welcome new members at www.andymurrayfanforum.com

Andy will be back in action soon so come and join us in cheering him on to even greater success in 2014.

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:12 pm