Andy Murray

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Andy Murray

The former temporary home of members of the former official forum of tennis player Andy Murray. This forum is no longer in use save as an archive. Please join us by re-registering at www.andymurrayfanforum.com/

+24
-David--
Lizzim
lady
Caro
banskogirl
Manaus
pabbers
Speedy Hawk
harriet
cazza99
hfwardhouse
jaydu
oscar
patmoren
JAMES4578
lynne
drewziph
vamosvixs
lankster2003
xenon21
RoastLamb
Linda
Jan
Admin
28 posters

TEMPORARY FORUM - pending all sorts

-David--

TEMPORARY FORUM - pending all sorts - Page 3 Empty Re: TEMPORARY FORUM - pending all sorts

Post  -David-- Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:35 am

I know it's probably a private matter but as a regular poster of the old forum since it started can I ask why it was closed? Understand if you can't disclose this information. Cheers.
    Maza1987
    Maza1987

TEMPORARY FORUM - pending all sorts - Page 3 Empty Re: TEMPORARY FORUM - pending all sorts

Post  Maza1987 Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:22 am

The site has been pretty slow for me over the last couple of days. I do have a slow comp though. Mad
    JAMES4578
    JAMES4578

Post  JAMES4578 Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:29 pm

Admin wrote:
    JAMES4578 wrote:A few problems with the site all weekend and particularly today, continually crashing or going slow! oh well, I know you can't expect too much from a free site but sometimes this is happening when there's little activity.
    Hi James
    Really concerned about this because you reported problems before IIRC.
    Not sure what browser you are using but do you think there might be a compatibility problem?

Not sure what else to suggest. If others are having problems we'll investigate but if it IS only you then it might be computer settings?
    I know you're up on all this so can you get back to me a.s.a.p.
    Many thanks.

I'll check later sally, I have been using Firefox on the PC.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:43 pm

JAMES4578 wrote:

So have I and without problems. It was a bit slow yesterday mid-afternoon but my computer was slow on other things too so I put it down to that.

Please can you post again when and if you have problems and we'll try to deal.
    lynne
    lynne

Post  lynne Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:03 pm

I personally have had no problems with the site (touch wood) & I am on google chrome, but what I would like to know is why some members at the bottom of the home page at "who's on line" their names are blue & other members are black & I don't mean the mods, just a little queery....thanks!
    Maza1987
    Maza1987

Post  Maza1987 Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:24 am

It's working faster again now.
    Was slow during Heather's match last night.
    But ok now.
    Hawkeye
    Hawkeye

Post  Hawkeye Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:35 am

lynne wrote:I personally have had no problems with the site (touch wood) & I am on google chrome, but what I would like to know is why some members at the bottom of the home page at "who's on line" their names are blue & other members are black & I don't mean the mods, just a little queery....thanks!
    Have you looked at any members' profile pages? A link that has been clicked-on turns that shade of light blue.
    lynne
    lynne

Post  lynne Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:58 am

Hawkeye wrote:
    lynne wrote:I personally have had no problems with the site (touch wood) & I am on google chrome, but what I would like to know is why some members at the bottom of the home page at "who's on line" their names are blue & other members are black & I don't mean the mods, just a little queery....thanks!
    Have you looked at any members' profile pages? A link that has been clicked-on turns that shade of light blue.

Can't seem to recall looking at anyone's profile but maybe I have done it when messing around with my own, but thanks Hawkeye!! Very Happy

JAMES4578
    JAMES4578

Post  JAMES4578 Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:49 am

Admin wrote:
    JAMES4578 wrote:

So have I and without problems. It was a bit slow yesterday mid-afternoon but my computer was slow on other things too so I put it down to that.

Please can you post again when and if you have problems and we'll try to deal.

I have tweeked a few things and it does seem ok now, probably a bit faster in Chrome as I've been testing it and Firefox too. Probably should have checked further before raising the query,though I hadn't had problems with other sites really, thanks
    Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:51 am

You know, this forum actually has quite a lot of advantages over the old one:

1. The avatars are a decent size so you can see who or what they are meant to be.

2. You don't get automatically logged out in the middle of typing a post.

3. You can post more than 6 smileys.

4. There is nesting of quotes (something I'd been wanting for ages).

5. It doesn't automatically shrink your images to a size that's hard to see.

All we need now is a thanks button! Laughing (see http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=122944)
    banskogirl
    banskogirl

Post  banskogirl Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:59 am

-David-- wrote:I know it's probably a private matter but as a regular poster of the old forum since it started can I ask why it was closed? Understand if you can't disclose this information. Cheers.
    Hi David, not sure if anyone has answered you somewhere else? I have no idea why but wish we could hear if there is a 'real' reason. very disappointed if just '19' decided. Wink
    Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:28 am

There is one thing I find strange though. On the old forum, if you edited a post straight away it didn't show as being edited but if you did later, it did. That made sense 'cos an immediate edit is probably just to correct a typo, whereas a later one is to add further info. But here, an immediate edit is shown as being edited, but a later edit is not. Question
    Jan
    Jan

Post  Jan Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:30 am

Linda wrote:There is one thing I find strange though. On the old forum, if you edited a post straight away it didn't show as being edited but if you did later, it did. That made sense 'cos an immediate edit is probably just to correct a typo, whereas a later one is to add further info. But here, an immediate edit is shown as being edited, but a later edit is not. Question

Interestingly I'm finding that edits I do immediately aren't shown, and later ones are!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:45 pm

I understand the forum crashed around 7.20am today but was back up around 7.30am. Sometimes this can be due to server overload (depending where it is located) and usually for a very short time.
    So far I don't believe there have been problems during an Andy match.

Please remember that this forum is a temporary 'home' whilst something more permanent is sorted out.

Thanks

Very Happy
    JAMES4578
    JAMES4578

Post  JAMES4578 Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:06 pm

I wasn't on at that time but had no problems just before 7.
    Yorkie
    Yorkie

Post  Yorkie Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:47 pm

Is there any update as to how temporary this home is and what might be on the cards to follow or do we just have to wait and see because nothing is certain yet?

It does feel like we are not getting the activity on here that we used to have, which is not that surprising, but if it continues too long in a temporary home I wonder whether it will pick up again when we move for another time.
    Maza1987
    Maza1987

Post  Maza1987 Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:20 pm

Indeed it is not surprising that the activity levels have not been the same due to the fragmentation in members. But we must ensure we keep the forums active and any perspective new members will be more likely to post. Basketball
    I don't know why I used a basketball smiley there but I just felt like it. Cool
    JAMES4578
    JAMES4578

Post  JAMES4578 Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:03 am

yes it can be pretty quiet at times, though there are still many regular posters. However, we are maybe not getting the same buzz! I suppose we will hear in due course when the next move is imminent.
    Hawkeye
    Hawkeye

Post  Hawkeye Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:04 am

Patience my lovelies!
    Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:57 am

As I've been saying for a few months now, the reason that it is quiet on here is that everyone is on twitter. They are discussing everything on there. But I personally don't like twitter (because all the different convos on different topics are all merged into one great long confusing thread) and much prefer it here where we have separate threads for separate topics.
    lynne
    lynne

Post  lynne Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:22 pm

Totally agree with you there Linda.....good post & I do still think a lot of people especially those who only posted now & again will still not know where to find us because if you google Andy Murray all you get is the old forum, Murraysworld & also www.andy-murray.com which is part of the Jocko Tennis Group which I think is worth a browse even just for the layout, content etc of the site, or Andy's Facebook page, so really nobody knows about our site, but will agree with Linda Twitter is not for me to see what others think about a tennis match no matter who plays as it does jump from one thing to another!! No! not for me Very Happy
    cazza99

Post  cazza99 Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:18 pm

lynne wrote:Totally agree with you there Linda.....good post & I do still think a lot of people especially those who only posted now & again will still not know where to find us because if you google Andy Murray all you get is the old forum, Murraysworld & also www.andy-murray.com which is part of the Jocko Tennis Group which I think is worth a browse even just for the layout, content etc of the site, or Andy's Facebook page, so really nobody knows about our site, but will agree with Linda Twitter is not for me to see what others think about a tennis match no matter who plays as it does jump from one thing to another!! No! not for me Very Happy
    Thanks for telling us about the searches not coming up for this fourm Lynne, maybe there is a little more we can do.
    lynne
    lynne

Post  lynne Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Thanks Cazza, I just think it's a shame that everybody concerned pulled their puddings out when the old forum closed to get this site up & running & even some of the old posters(BTW I don't mean in age Very Happy ) are still using Twitter, don't understand it myself, oh! well each to their own I suppose!...sad Crying or Very sad
    cazza99

Post  cazza99 Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:07 pm

In case anyone loses the link, this forum will come up on google if Andy Murray free forum is used in the search bar
    lynne
    lynne

Post  lynne Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:09 pm

Cheers Cazza!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:06 am