Andy Murray

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Andy Murray

The former temporary home of members of the former official forum of tennis player Andy Murray. This forum is no longer in use save as an archive. Please join us by re-registering at www.andymurrayfanforum.com/

3 posters

Posting photos

rondun
    rondun

Posting photos Empty Posting photos

Post  rondun Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:00 am

People were often asking on the old forum about how to go about posting an image without having to "attach" it.
    The answer was usually to use something like photobucket, but some people didn't want to go to the hassle if it was just for the odd pic.

I've noticed something useful on this site - when posting you have the option to insert an image in the old manner, but also there is a button to host an image...
    Posting photos Servim11
    When you click on this you get the option to upload a photo directly from your computer to an external site (called ServImg).
    At the same time an account is automatically created for you at ServImg, so you should be able to use it for other sites (including our new permanent home)

Although it's not without faults - when you choose the option to host it! and the links are displayed, when you click copy it doesn't seem to work so you have to highlight the link, and then the pop up window doesn't disappear, so you have to click "preview" to refresh your post and get rid of it.
    (Although that might be a firefox problem)
    drewziph
    drewziph

Posting photos Empty Re: Posting photos

Post  drewziph Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:31 am

Useful bit of info. Glad it doesn't take up the sites bandwidth.

Just wondering how videos look too, so heres me using the video URL button above the post a reply box

edit: I think it looks pretty good!
    Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:13 am

Just tried that 'host an image'. Thought it would work exactly the same as it does on VB (except that they use PostImage rather than Servimg). However it didn't - I selected my pic and clicked upload just the same but nothing seemed to happen, whereas on VB when you click upload it posts the pic into your post. Tried it 4 times and it still didn't work. So then I went to Servimg.com and found 4 copies of my pic! So then I just copied it from there into the post in the normal way.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 8:21 pm