Andy Murray

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Andy Murray

The former temporary home of members of the former official forum of tennis player Andy Murray. This forum is no longer in use save as an archive. Please join us by re-registering at www.andymurrayfanforum.com/

+43
MurrayAOne
susieq
pippadaisy
ljs
Maza1987
ChrisMac
Helen40
cazza99
wriggles
Golden Lady
SeaBreeze
lynne
mintsauce
pabbers
patmoren
Aussie Andy
Jan
Claudia
Genbrit
supergran
drewziph
banskogirl
Katie
sophie900607
Mandiemoo
Murray's_Backhand
jeannie13
JAMES4578
rondun
FoxyFi
the blue angel
RFS
AllyB
Hawkeye
Admin
vamosvixs
Lizzim
lankster2003
Pam
RoastLamb
Linda
Speedy Hawk
hfwardhouse
47 posters

Hellos and Goodbyes

SeaBreeze
    SeaBreeze

Hellos and Goodbyes - Page 7 Empty Re: Hellos and Goodbyes

Post  SeaBreeze Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:22 am

Greetings all! My lovely slumber was interrupted when an outer band of Hurricane Irene decided to say hello this morning, bringing rain as only a hurricane can do. I won't complain though as we completely dodged this bullet. My grandparents live on an island in the Carolinas so they're fretting big time, although they did leave a few days ago. (After being caught in a direct hit with a Cat 4, they don't mess around anymore!)
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:00 am

ChrisMac wrote:Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found you all at last! Hawkeye sent me a text saying that you were all on here, but somehow I got on to Murray Maniacs Monopodium, and I saw cazza and xenon name in the membership list, so I thought I was on the right one. Now after a week I have noticed that none of them have posted, and could not understand were everyone was at. A lot have joined MW as well. I just saw Drewzip's name there I text him to say what is happening and he text this website, but I till got on to Murray Maniacs site, so clicked on sallydaisy's twitter and that is how I got here!!

Oh great to be back... Hi Everyone!! Very Happy
    Hey, glad you found your way here Chris eventually!
    There was an APB out for you that's for sure - and the games threads are dead chuffed you're back.
    Very Happy
    hfwardhouse
    hfwardhouse

Post  hfwardhouse Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:13 am

SeaBreeze wrote:Greetings all! My lovely slumber was interrupted when an outer band of Hurricane Irene decided to say hello this morning, bringing rain as only a hurricane can do. I won't complain though as we completely dodged this bullet. My grandparents live on an island in the Carolinas so they're fretting big time, although they did leave a few days ago. (After being caught in a direct hit with a Cat 4, they don't mess around anymore!)

Yikes SeaBreeze - scary stuff - I've experienced a close call with a Hurricane too and boy did it rain Shocked Shocked

I have family in New Jersey and am hoping they're going to be ok - looks like they may get a direct hit too Sad
    SeaBreeze
    SeaBreeze

Post  SeaBreeze Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:57 am

hfwardhouse wrote:

Yikes SeaBreeze - scary stuff - I've experienced a close call with a Hurricane too and boy did it rain Shocked Shocked

I have family in New Jersey and am hoping they're going to be ok - looks like they may get a direct hit too Sad

It wasn't really the most pleasant way to wake up but I really can't complain since the storm could have hit us and it didn't! I've been through a fair share of tropical storms/hurricanes so it's sort of just a part of my life at this point but always easiest when they just stay away!

NYC and New Jersey are doing unprecedented evacs and transport shut downs. It's not so much that this storm is going to be very strong when it hits up there but more a concern with the storm surge that may accompany it. They're moving everyone from low lying areas just in case. The NYC transit system is shutting down for the first time ever for the same reasons. That part of the country has had a very wet August so all the rain coming with this storm is a flood risk. Probably overly cautious but always good to see that reaction instead of not taking it seriously enough.

(I almost did my graduate work in tropical meteorology...I love this stuff, as twisted as that seems)
    hfwardhouse
    hfwardhouse

Post  hfwardhouse Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:04 am

SeaBreeze wrote:
    hfwardhouse wrote:

It wasn't really the most pleasant way to wake up but I really can't complain since the storm could have hit us and it didn't! I've been through a fair share of tropical storms/hurricanes so it's sort of just a part of my life at this point but always easiest when they just stay away!

NYC and New Jersey are doing unprecedented evacs and transport shut downs. It's not so much that this storm is going to be very strong when it hits up there but more a concern with the storm surge that may accompany it. They're moving everyone from low lying areas just in case. The NYC transit system is shutting down for the first time ever for the same reasons. That part of the country has had a very wet August so all the rain coming with this storm is a flood risk. Probably overly cautious but always good to see that reaction instead of not taking it seriously enough.

(I almost did my graduate work in tropical meteorology...I love this stuff, as twisted as that seems)

Not twisted at all! Hubby's fascinated by it too - when we were hit by Emily in Grand Cayman in 2005, he was so excited!!!! We knew it was going to be far enough away that we weren't in danger but it was still alarming when you're not used to that sort of weather! We spend a lot of time watching tornado chasing programmes and wild weather and stuff like that!!!
    SeaBreeze
    SeaBreeze

Post  SeaBreeze Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:12 am

[quote="hfwardhouse"][quote="SeaBreeze"]
    hfwardhouse wrote:

Not twisted at all! Hubby's fascinated by it too - when we were hit by Emily in Grand Cayman in 2005, he was so excited!!!! We knew it was going to be far enough away that we weren't in danger but it was still alarming when you're not used to that sort of weather! We spend a lot of time watching tornado chasing programmes and wild weather and stuff like that!!!

Half of the PhD programes I applied for were in tropical meteorology..except they didn't send their acceptances out until after the deadline to accept for engineering had passed so I assumed I hadn't gotten in! One of my friends in Civil Engineering actually was a hurricane hunter for his graduate work- had to chase the storms in vans to put sensors out to get measurements, etc. Mythbusters (does that air over there?) even did an episode at his lab Smile

As much as I'm intrigued by them, I do appreciate when they stay away haha
    ljs
    ljs

Post  ljs Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:58 am

funny to see you 2 talking about this ... I had planned on being a meteorologist at one time , I love anything storm related too , not the danger of it , but the wrath of mother nature can be so fascinating. We had a huge storm , tornado warning here this past week , and I was the only one sitting outside watching the lightning Very Happy
    pabbers
    pabbers

Post  pabbers Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:15 am

Always think the weather puts the human race slap bang back in its place - we think we're sooooo clever but the weather is something we can't control! Hope everyone's rellies are ok.

Oh and great to see you here ChrisMac - don't forget your satnav next time Very Happy
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:00 pm

Gosh! I do hope Hurricane Irene doesn't go crazy. Very scary. Hope all the US people are OK. I also hope it doesn't come to Canada. But we're only 10 hours' drive away from New York.

So Matt helped set up this new home? Awww, bless!!!

So happy to be here after a week away and to see so many familiar faces back. So glad Golden Lady arrived here. GL: what are you on twitter???

What about Rondun?
    the blue angel
    the blue angel

Post  the blue angel Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Hello Chris I have missed you on the games Very Happy

Last edited by the blue angel on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ChrisMac
    ChrisMac

Post  ChrisMac Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:16 pm

Morning everyone........good to be back! Very Happy I just like to say I love the Avatars on here, large and clear, they all look great. Thanks Sally for getting us all together again.
    hfwardhouse
    hfwardhouse

Post  hfwardhouse Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:24 pm

[quote="SeaBreeze"][quote="hfwardhouse"]
    SeaBreeze wrote:
    hfwardhouse wrote:

Half of the PhD programes I applied for were in tropical meteorology..except they didn't send their acceptances out until after the deadline to accept for engineering had passed so I assumed I hadn't gotten in! One of my friends in Civil Engineering actually was a hurricane hunter for his graduate work- had to chase the storms in vans to put sensors out to get measurements, etc. Mythbusters (does that air over there?) even did an episode at his lab Smile

As much as I'm intrigued by them, I do appreciate when they stay away haha

LOL - hubby would love to do proper storm chasing - we did head out the other Sunday when there was a wee thunderstorm on the go - just to get some photos of big clouds - of course we didn't manage!!!

ljs wrote:funny to see you 2 talking about this ... I had planned on being a meteorologist at one time , I love anything storm related too , not the danger of it , but the wrath of mother nature can be so fascinating. We had a huge storm , tornado warning here this past week , and I was the only one sitting outside watching the lightning Very Happy

We say a most spectacular lightning show in Washington DC when we visited in the early 90s - hubby was just delighted - we were able to sit and watch from our hotel room! Amazing stuff!!

Oh and good morning all Smile
    Helen40
    Helen40

Post  Helen40 Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:29 pm

ChrisMac wrote:Morning everyone........good to be back! Very Happy I just like to say I love the Avatars on here, large and clear, they all look great. Thanks Sally for getting us all together again.

Yes thanks Sally, saw you on MW, and wondered where everyone else was. Alot of you guys seem to meet up, lemme know if you're around in North Wales/Mid/North England.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:16 pm

Helen40 wrote:
    ChrisMac wrote:Morning everyone........good to be back! Very Happy I just like to say I love the Avatars on here, large and clear, they all look great. Thanks Sally for getting us all together again.

Yes thanks Sally, saw you on MW, and wondered where everyone else was. Alot of you guys seem to meet up, lemme know if you're around in North Wales/Mid/North England.

Hi Helen - welcome to the temporary tent. We tend to meet up at Davis Cup events only at the moment and the next one is up in Glasgow 16/18 September.

BTW - I'm not a member of MW. I understand there is someone on that board with the user name Daisy but it deffinitely isn't me. When I originally joined AM's first forum (the old notebook style one) I was Daisy because there was already a user with the name Sally (my real name). I changed it to Daisysally fairly soon after because, as they got to know me, people were calling me Sally. From about March 2008 when we got the first VBulletin forum I switched to Sallydaisy and have stayed with it.

flower
    pippadaisy

Post  pippadaisy Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:53 am

Hello everyone, glad to find myself back among you
    Thanks to mods for setting this up well done you
    must thank suejoe and linda who sent me a link to this forum
    Must admit I was feeling a bit bereft cause although I didn't post loads I
    did a fair bit of lurking when I had not much to say and dipped in and out to see what was going on Embarassed

JAMES4578
    JAMES4578

Post  JAMES4578 Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:19 am

Welcome here Pippadaisy!
    Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:20 am

Welcome back, Pippa! flower
    vamosvixs
    vamosvixs

Post  vamosvixs Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:50 am

Welcome back Pippa! Very Happy
    Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:01 am

Your avatar is going to be PODW this week, Vixs!
    vamosvixs
    vamosvixs

Post  vamosvixs Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:19 am

Linda wrote:Your avatar is going to be PODW this week, Vixs!

I should think so, it's delicious!! Wink
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:54 am

PODW?
    Golden Lady
    Golden Lady

Post  Golden Lady Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:43 am

RoastLamb wrote:Gosh! I do hope Hurricane Irene doesn't go crazy. Very scary. Hope all the US people are OK. I also hope it doesn't come to Canada. But we're only 10 hours' drive away from New York.

So happy to be here after a week away and to see so many familiar faces back. So glad Golden Lady arrived here. GL: what are you on twitter???

What about Rondun?

RL, I am following you on twitter, GL1969. Good to be back, hope you had a good vacation.x
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:44 am

Golden Lady wrote:
    RoastLamb wrote:Gosh! I do hope Hurricane Irene doesn't go crazy. Very scary. Hope all the US people are OK. I also hope it doesn't come to Canada. But we're only 10 hours' drive away from New York.

What about Rondun?

RL, I am following you on twitter, GL1969. Good to be back, hope you had a good vacation.x

You are? Will follow you back then. How was your trip to France? Fab, I bet.
    Golden Lady
    Golden Lady

Post  Golden Lady Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:54 am

RoastLamb wrote:
    Golden Lady wrote:

What about Rondun?

You are? Will follow you back then. How was your trip to France? Fab, I bet.

It was wonderful thank you. Been back a week already seems like a distant memory. Good to see old friends back on here.x
    susieq

Hellos and Goodbyes - Page 7 Empty Glad to have found you

Post  susieq Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:31 am

Here at last - thanks to Sally for her help (found the critical email in my Orange junk box). Having been a member of the old forum since the early days (before the VB site) I was devastated when I found it had been removed. Although I rarely posted (nothing much to say really) I used to check the news on the site at least once a day and usually more. It's great that this forum has the same headings and a similar way to navigate - and I'd like to thank those responsible for setting it up. I for one appreciate it.
    Apart from the threads about Andy (his matches and the tournaments and news articles) I particularly like to read the ones about other British players.

Thanks again - if this became a subscription site I would definitely join.
    Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:02 am