Andy Murray

The former temporary home of members of the former official forum of tennis player Andy Murray. This forum is no longer in use save as an archive. Please join us by re-registering at www.andymurrayfanforum.com/


    US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    lynne
    lynne

    Posts : 375
    Join date : 2011-08-19
    Age : 67

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  lynne on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:05 am

    What a shame & as you say Linda annoying in more ways than one....roof needed!! Evil or Very Mad
    supergran
    supergran

    Posts : 375
    Join date : 2011-08-20
    Location : St Helens, Lancs

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  supergran on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:07 am

    So annoying. Andy started Wednesday and is now another day behind.... Evil or Very Mad
    jaydu
    jaydu

    Posts : 972
    Join date : 2011-08-19

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  jaydu on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:10 am

    pathetic ,Andy didn't start till Wednesday which was bad enough but now it could be 4 rounds in 5 days
    lynne
    lynne

    Posts : 375
    Join date : 2011-08-19
    Age : 67

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  lynne on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:21 am

    supergran wrote:So annoying. Andy started Wednesday and is now another day behind.... Evil or Very Mad


    EXACTLY SG & JAYDU..........GRRRRRRRRRR!! Evil or Very Mad
    JAMES4578
    JAMES4578

    Posts : 267
    Join date : 2011-08-20

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  JAMES4578 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:22 am

    lynne wrote:What a shame & as you say Linda annoying in more ways than one....roof needed!! Evil or Very Mad

    Pity they didn't have the foresight as we could have these interruptions for a while yet. It's been said it would take 5 years to plan and build a roof, would probably have to be on a new court.
    supergran
    supergran

    Posts : 375
    Join date : 2011-08-20
    Location : St Helens, Lancs

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  supergran on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:26 am

    Getting angrier by the minute and I'm watching 08 semi...and we know what happened after that. Think I'll retire to lounge soon and watch a film or summat. Evil or Very Mad Mad Sad
    traveller7
    traveller7

    Posts : 182
    Join date : 2011-08-21
    Age : 39

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  traveller7 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:33 am

    Oh how annoying, why no roof?! Hope the rain stays away tomorrow- but again our Brit gets the unfair hand and will have to play every day if he gets to the final.
    jaydu
    jaydu

    Posts : 972
    Join date : 2011-08-19

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  jaydu on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:42 am

    oop should be interesting for tomorrow ,would they dare try to squeeze in some top half matches to
    Linda
    Linda

    Posts : 740
    Join date : 2011-08-19

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  Linda on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:56 am

    traveller7 wrote:Oh how annoying, why no roof?! Hope the rain stays away tomorrow- but again our Brit gets the unfair hand and will have to play every day if he gets to the final.

    To be fair, there are eight men's singles players, four women's singles players and various doubles players too all in exactly the same position. It's not a conspiracy against Andy. He's just one of the unlucky ones to be in the half of the draw that started second.

    jaydu wrote:oop should be interesting for tomorrow ,would they dare try to squeeze in some top half matches to

    Surely they will try to catch up a bit, as they do at Wimbledon.
    pabbers
    pabbers

    Posts : 127
    Join date : 2011-08-19

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  pabbers on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:36 am

    Linda wrote:
    traveller7 wrote:Oh how annoying, why no roof?! Hope the rain stays away tomorrow- but again our Brit gets the unfair hand and will have to play every day if he gets to the final.

    To be fair, there are eight men's singles players, four women's singles players and various doubles players too all in exactly the same position. It's not a conspiracy against Andy. He's just one of the unlucky ones to be in the half of the draw that started second.

    jaydu wrote:oop should be interesting for tomorrow ,would they dare try to squeeze in some top half matches to

    Surely they will try to catch up a bit, as they do at Wimbledon.

    Of course it's not a conspiracy but it's sooooo frustrating - Nole and Fed are safely through with loads of time till their next round and having played relatively short matches (ok Nole's first set was a marathon). On the other hand Andy and Rafa IF they get to meet each other will probably knock 7 bells out of each other with even less time to recover than would otherwise have been the case. If Andy can't finish Young off in no time flat, he might almost as well go home! Flippin weather!
    Pam
    Pam

    Posts : 116
    Join date : 2011-08-19

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  Pam on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:37 am

    It's saying on Twitter that Andy will be first on Grandstand tomorrow 4pm UK.
    Linda
    Linda

    Posts : 740
    Join date : 2011-08-19

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  Linda on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:38 am

    OOP for tomorrow is up now

    At least Andy & Rafa are both on first.
    avatar
    Alis

    Posts : 134
    Join date : 2011-08-22
    Location : Southern Hebrides

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  Alis on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:46 am

    Linda wrote:OOP for tomorrow is up now

    At least Andy & Rafa are both on first.

    Yes, but Andy is shoved out onto Grandstand court to make room for Djokovic and Federer to play their quarter finals - shocking!
    RFS
    RFS

    Posts : 49
    Join date : 2011-08-19

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  RFS on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:49 am

    So all those adventures on London Underground & London Transport in general for nowt! Ah well - hopefully I will catch some of Andy tomorrow - here's hoping the delay will increase the nerves for young Young!!!
    Linda
    Linda

    Posts : 740
    Join date : 2011-08-19

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  Linda on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:56 am

    Apparently the forecast is for rain all day tomorrow too Crying or Very sad
    RFS
    RFS

    Posts : 49
    Join date : 2011-08-19

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  RFS on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:10 am

    And people whine about the rain in Wimbledon. Ha!!!
    Jane
    Jane

    Posts : 54
    Join date : 2011-08-20
    Location : Dunblane, Scotland

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  Jane on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:19 am

    Best of luck on Wednesday, Andy cheers cheers
    Jan
    Jan

    Posts : 368
    Join date : 2011-08-19
    Age : 62

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  Jan on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:39 am

    Not sure what I think about this. I know they can't do anything about the rain, but it does seem odd that they are playing some of the QFs on the same day as the remaining 4th round matches. US Open always does its scheduling differently from Wimbledon. I could never understand their logic (probably dictated by TV?).

    Well, whatever court you are on, COME ON ANDY!!

    Ane let's hope for some sunny sunny tomorrow.
    avatar
    Alis

    Posts : 134
    Join date : 2011-08-22
    Location : Southern Hebrides

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  Alis on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:48 am

    Jan wrote:Not sure what I think about this. I know they can't do anything about the rain, but it does seem odd that they are playing some of the QFs on the same day as the remaining 4th round matches. US Open always does its scheduling differently from Wimbledon. I could never understand their logic (probably dictated by TV?).

    Well, whatever court you are on, COME ON ANDY!!

    Ane let's hope for some sunny sunny tomorrow.

    If it rains again tomorrow as the forecast suggests, Andy's half of the draw could be playing their round 4, quarter final, semi final and final matches on consecutive days. I realise that Super Saturday brings in a huge amount of money from TV but they really ought to give more consideration to the players. No other major tournament schedules the semi finals and finals on consecutive days.
    patmoren
    patmoren

    Posts : 228
    Join date : 2011-08-20
    Location : Cornwall

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  patmoren on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:50 am

    Apparently Rafa lobbied not to go on Grandstand because it is too small. Andy always dips out at the US Open. Of course they couldn't put Fed on such a lowly court.
    patmoren
    patmoren

    Posts : 228
    Join date : 2011-08-20
    Location : Cornwall

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  patmoren on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:53 am

    Alis wrote:
    Jan wrote:Not sure what I think about this. I know they can't do anything about the rain, but it does seem odd that they are playing some of the QFs on the same day as the remaining 4th round matches. US Open always does its scheduling differently from Wimbledon. I could never understand their logic (probably dictated by TV?).

    Well, whatever court you are on, COME ON ANDY!!

    Ane let's hope for some sunny sunny tomorrow.

    If it rains again tomorrow as the forecast suggests, Andy's half of the draw could be playing their round 4, quarter final, semi final and final matches on consecutive days. I realise that Super Saturday brings in a huge amount of money from TV but they really ought to give more consideration to the players. No other major tournament schedules the semi finals and finals on consecutive days.
    Also why does it take three days to get through the first round, every other tournament does it in two.
    avatar
    Alis

    Posts : 134
    Join date : 2011-08-22
    Location : Southern Hebrides

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  Alis on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:54 am

    patmoren wrote:
    Alis wrote:
    Jan wrote:Not sure what I think about this. I know they can't do anything about the rain, but it does seem odd that they are playing some of the QFs on the same day as the remaining 4th round matches. US Open always does its scheduling differently from Wimbledon. I could never understand their logic (probably dictated by TV?).

    Well, whatever court you are on, COME ON ANDY!!

    Ane let's hope for some sunny sunny tomorrow.

    If it rains again tomorrow as the forecast suggests, Andy's half of the draw could be playing their round 4, quarter final, semi final and final matches on consecutive days. I realise that Super Saturday brings in a huge amount of money from TV but they really ought to give more consideration to the players. No other major tournament schedules the semi finals and finals on consecutive days.
    Also why does it take three days to get through the first round, every other tournament does it in two.

    Can't see the logic in that one at all - it makes it all the more problematic if there is rain and there usually is!
    Queen N
    Queen N

    Posts : 49
    Join date : 2011-08-31

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  Queen N on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:56 am

    Court size doesn't matter for me
    Let's be honest what is important? Andy's win
    pabbers
    pabbers

    Posts : 127
    Join date : 2011-08-19

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  pabbers on Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:29 am

    Queen N wrote:Court size doesn't matter for me
    Let's be honest what is important? Andy's win

    Yeah and Young may not be quite so gee'd up on the smaller arena!
    traveller7
    traveller7

    Posts : 182
    Join date : 2011-08-21
    Age : 39

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  traveller7 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:42 am

    I will be watching no matter what court, im just glad they are putting him on first.

    Sponsored content

    US Open 2011, R4:  Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3 - Page 3 Empty Re: US Open 2011, R4: Andy through to the Quarters as Donald Quacks 6'2, 6'3, 6'3

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:59 pm