Andy Murray

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Andy Murray

The former temporary home of members of the former official forum of tennis player Andy Murray. This forum is no longer in use save as an archive. Please join us by re-registering at www.andymurrayfanforum.com/

+3
RoastLamb
cazza99
Linda
7 posters

Jokes Thread

Linda
    Linda

Jokes Thread Empty Jokes Thread

Post  Linda Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:13 pm

A farmer named Bill was overseeing his herd in a remote pasture in Norfolk when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced toward him out of a cloud of dust.

The driver, a young man in a Armani suit, Gucci shoes, RayBan sunglasses and YSL tie, leaned out the window and asked the farmer, "If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, Will you give me a calf?"

Bill looked at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looked at his peacefully grazing herd and calmly answered, "Why not?"

The yuppie parked his car, whipped out his Dell notebook computer, connected it to his Cingular RAZR V3 cell phone, and surfed to a NASApage on the Internet, where he called up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location which he then fed to another NASA satellite that scanned the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.

The young man then opened the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exported it to an image processing facility in Hamburg .

Within seconds, he received an email on his Palm Pilot that the image had been processed and the data stored. He then accessed an MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, received a response.

Finally, he printed out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet printer, turned to the farmer and said, "You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."

"I guess you can take one of my calves," said Bill.

He watched the young man select one of the animals and looked on with amusement as the young man stuffed it into the boot of his car.

Then Bill said to the young man, "If I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my calf?"

The young man thought about it for a second and then said, "Okay, why not?"

"You're a political adviser to the Westminster Government", said Bill.

"Wow! That's correct," said the yuppie, "but how on earth did you guess that?"

"No guessing required." answered the farmer. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked. You used millions of pounds worth of equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you don't know a thing about how working people make a living - or about cows, for that matter. This is a herd of sheep. ....

Now give me back my dog.
    Linda
    Linda

Jokes Thread Empty Re: Jokes Thread

Post  Linda Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:59 am

Comedian Nick Helm has won an award for the best joke of the Edinburgh Fringe.

The top 10 festival funnies were judged to be:

1) Nick Helm: "I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves."

2) Tim Vine: "Crime in multi-storey car parks. That is wrong on so many different levels."

3) Hannibal Buress: "People say 'I'm taking it one day at a time'. You know what? So is everybody. That's how time works."

4) Tim Key: "Drive-Thru McDonalds was more expensive than I thought... once you've hired the car..."

5) Matt Kirshen: "I was playing chess with my friend and he said, 'Let's make this interesting'. So we stopped playing chess."

6) Sarah Millican: "My mother told me, you don't have to put anything in your mouth you don't want to. Then she made me eat broccoli, which felt like double standards."

7) Alan Sharp: "I was in a band which we called The Prevention, because we hoped people would say we were better than The Cure."

Cool Mark Watson: "Someone asked me recently - what would I rather give up, food or sex. Neither! I'm not falling for that one again, wife."

9) Andrew Lawrence: "I admire these phone hackers. I think they have a lot of patience. I can't even be bothered to check my OWN voicemails."

10) DeAnne Smith: "My friend died doing what he loved ... Heroin."

Veteran entertainer Paul Daniels won the wooden spoon for the worst joke of the festival.

He won the dubious honour for his gag: "I said to a fella 'Is there a B&Q in Henley?' He said 'No, there's an H, an E, an N an L and a Y'."

Maybe I'm strange, but I thought the best joke was the one that won the wooden spoon!
    cazza99

Post  cazza99 Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:46 am

"Weakest Link" answers

Anne: The Grapple In The Apple, recently held in New York, was a debate between the journalist

Christopher Hitchens and the politician George who?

Contestant: George Washington.

Anne: Name the man who was President of Italy until May 2006.

Contestant: Don Corleone.

Anne: What ‘T’ are people in a house paying rent to a landlord?

Contestant: Terrorist

Anne: No what please, we’re British?

Contestant: Thank you.

Anne: In traffic, what ‘j’ is where two roads meet?

Contestant: Jool carriageway?

Anne: Which part of the human body is closest to the floor when we are walking?

Contestant: The head.

Anne: A selection of small, highly coloured sweets is known as Dolly . . .

Contestant: Parton.

Anne: A wild guess is a shot in the . . . .

Contestant: Arm.

Anne: Which hot drink is ‘eat’ an anagram of?

Contestant: Hot chocolate.

Anne: Which ‘m’ describes exhibiting clothes or making Airfix aircraft?

Contestant: Hangar.

Anne: What four-letter word beginning with D has shelves and is used for writing on?

Contestant: Table.

Anne: How many wheels does a unicycle have?

Contestant: Two.

Anne: In comedy, Ernie Wise was frequently teased by Eric Morecambe for having short, fat, hairy

what?

Contestant: Hair.

Anne: The action of which Shakespeare play takes place between dusk on January 5 and dawn on January 6?

Contestant: A Midsummer Night’s Dream.

Anne: Name the long-running TV comedy show about pensioners: Last Of The . . . what?

Contestant: Mohicans.

Anne: Which actress was married to Humphrey Bogart and is the also the cousin of former Israeli

prime minister Shimon Peres?

Contestant: Gene Kelly.

Anne: What "U" is given to the name of a symphony by Schubert?

Contestant: 1964.

Anne: Which 1995 film starring Pierce Brosnan shares its name with a type of duck?

Contestant: The Living Daylights.

Anne: The adjective Rubenesque, meaning a plump, voluptuous, woman is derived from the work of which

17th-century Flemish artist?

Contestant: Aretha Franklin.

Anne: In which film did Harry Lime say, ‘In Switzerland they had brotherly love and they had 500

years of democracy and peace. And what did they produce? The cuckoo clock!’?

Contestant: One Flew Over The Cuckoo Clock.

Anne: What was the name of Madonna’s concert tour in 1990?

Contestant: Blonde tart.

Anne: Which insect is often found hovering over lakes?

Contestant: Crocodile.

Anne: Which animals build dams and lodges?

Contestant: Sheep.

Anne: In superstition, people salute which black-and-white bird when it is seen alone?

Contestant: Penguin.

Anne: What insect has many limbs — the name would suggest 100?

Contestant: A giraffe.

Anne: In Italian history, in 1919 which former journalist set up the Fascist Party?

Contestant: Silvio Berlusconi.

Anne: In the 1940s, which politician was responsible for the welfare state — William . . . .?

Contestant: The Conqueror.

Anne: In human development, what ‘B’ is the usual four-letter word for a newborn infant?

Contestant: Wasp.

Anne: In medicine, the phrase ‘contagious disease’ literally means an illness which is spread by

which of the five senses?

Contestant: Sight.

Anne: What is the branch of medicine concerned with women?

Contestant: Womenology.

Anne: What force of nature is responsible for keeping the Earth, planets and asteroids in orbit

around the Sun?

Contestant: Delta Force.

Anne: What is the name of the cord cut after a woman gives birth?

Contestant: Biblical cord.

Anne: A pain in the muscles or bones of the lower legs, often suffered by sportsmen, is known as

Shin . . . . ?

Contestant: . . . . dler’s List.

Anne: In science, what is botany the study of?

Contestant: Bottoms.

Anne: In the Lord’s Prayer, what word beginning with ‘H’ meaning ‘blessed’ comes before ‘be thy

name’?

Contestant: (quietly) Howard.

Anne: (incredulously) Pardon?

Contestant: (louder) Howard.

Anne: What word for an ancient Roman marketplace is also a site on the internet for open discussion?

Contestant: Chatroom.

Last edited by cazza99 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:01 am

Where on earth do they get these contestants? Shocked Shocked Shocked I think I'll start watching it - sounds like a laugh a minute Laughing
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:40 am

What is the answer to the Pierce Brosnan/duck question? Arrow

(I do love all these new emoticons!)
    Hawkeye
    Hawkeye

Post  Hawkeye Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:41 am

Goldeneye.
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:46 am

Hawkeye wrote:Goldeneye.

Embarassed D'uh! Of course. Thank you!
    supergran
    supergran

Post  supergran Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:05 am

The answers are so terrible but so funny. I am always astonished at the lack of general knowledge on quiz shows. Some of these answers though are probably the first thing that entered their heads while being glared at by the "Queen of Mean". You would just want to disappear if you came out with answers like that. Still, I had a good laugh at them!! Laughing Laughing
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:34 am

TOP 10 THINGS NEVER TO SAY TO A NAKED MAN

1. This explains your car.
    2. I never saw one like that before.
    3. But it still works, right?
    4. Are you cold?
    5. I guess this makes me the early bird.
    6. Ahhhh, it's cute.
    7. Can I be honest with you?
    8. Maybe it looks better in natural light.
    9. Will it squeak if I squeeze it?
    10. Why don't we skip right to the cigarettes?
    JAMES4578
    JAMES4578

Post  JAMES4578 Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:56 pm

Hillarious lol! lol!
    AllyB

Post  AllyB Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:12 pm

My wife says we would have less arguments if I wasn’t so pedantic.

Surely she means ‘fewer’!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 pm