Andy Murray

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Andy Murray

The former temporary home of members of the former official forum of tennis player Andy Murray. This forum is no longer in use save as an archive. Please join us by re-registering at www.andymurrayfanforum.com/

+9
cazza99
Golden Lady
lynne
Linda
Alis
JAMES4578
patmoren
Admin
RoastLamb
13 posters

Davis Cup - the rest of the world

RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Davis Cup - the rest of the world Empty Davis Cup - the rest of the world

Post  RoastLamb Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:14 pm

I know we have a thread for GB but we need one for the other ties going on in the world. This coming weekend is the semi-finals for Spain vs France (in Cordoba, Spain) and Argentina vs Serbia (in Belgrade, Serbia). I don't know if Rafa or Djokovic will be fit enough after their epic US Open final to play but they both intend to be there. Canada plays Israel away and it marks the return of Milos Raonic who's been off the ATP circuit since Wimbledon.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Davis Cup - the rest of the world Empty Re: Davis Cup - the rest of the world

Post  Admin Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:17 pm

RoastLamb wrote:I know we have a thread for GB but we need one for the other ties going on in the world. This coming weekend is the semi-finals for Spain vs France and Argentina vs Serbia. I don't know if Rafa or Djokovic will be fit enough after their epic US Open final to play but they both intend to be there. Canada plays Israel away and it marks the return of Milos Raonic who's been off the ATP circuit since Wimbledon.
    Indeed we do!
    You're missing Fedex flying straight to OZ for the tie there.
    I realise that Feddy is not top of your priorites but I just thought I'd mention it in passing.
    flower
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:11 pm

Admin wrote:
    RoastLamb wrote:I know we have a thread for GB but we need one for the other ties going on in the world. This coming weekend is the semi-finals for Spain vs France and Argentina vs Serbia. I don't know if Rafa or Djokovic will be fit enough after their epic US Open final to play but they both intend to be there. Canada plays Israel away and it marks the return of Milos Raonic who's been off the ATP circuit since Wimbledon.
    Indeed we do!
    You're missing Fedex flying straight to OZ for the tie there.
    I realise that Feddy is not top of your priorites but I just thought I'd mention it in passing.
    flower

lol! He's not even at the bottom of my priorities. lol!
    patmoren
    patmoren

Post  patmoren Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Turn up for the books Tomic beat Warwrinka and Hewitt took a set off Fed. 1-1 at the end of the day
    Japan 1 up against India Sugita beat Devvarman in straight sets.
    JAMES4578
    JAMES4578

Post  JAMES4578 Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:18 pm

A good win for Tomic, obviously on form!
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:35 pm

Surprised about Japan's win. Shocked

Rafa beat Ritchie really easily. Bagel in second set.
    Alis

Post  Alis Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:02 am

Anyone know why Monfils isn't in the French team - is he injured again? Gasquet really didn't turn up to the party after the first set against Nadal.
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:06 am

Totally missed the Rafa match. My tv is showing the Canada tie at the mo.
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:51 am

Ferru beat Simon so it's Spain 2 and France nul. Argie beat Serbia 2-0 as well. Djoko didn't play coz of lower back pain. Gotta feeling Argie's gonna be in the final if Djoko doesn't play.

Canada is 1-1 with Israel. Unfortunately, Milos has been suffering from food poisoning and was really off during his 1-3 loss. Hope he's better on Sunday. Daniel Nestor and Pospisil in the dubs tomorrow vs Erlich and Ram.
    Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:12 am

Thanks Fiona, am on limited time on hotel computer at the moment, had already heard that Rafa beat Gasquet, hadn't heard about Ferrer/Simon (what was the score?) Glad that Spain have a 2-0 lead, I understand that Argentina also are leading Serbia (after Nole pulling out) so looks like a Spain/Argie final again, hope it's the same result as last time.
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:37 am

Don't remember the exact score but Ferru only lost a handful of games - same as Rafa - and won in straights.

I'm watching the Spain - France dubs on a Cdn tv webstream and it's such good quality. They are showing the Canada-Israel on their tv channel but I'm taping it to watch later. So far France (Tsonga and Llodra) are playing extremely well and Nando and Floppy don't seem to have an answer. As yet.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:24 am

Llodra/TSonga won the doubles for France - incredible scoreline!!!
    6'1, 6'2, 6'0
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:09 am

And Serbia won the dubs vs Argie. All to play for tomorrow!!!

Team Canada won their dubs rubber in four exciting sets vs top dubs team, Erlich and Ram. So Canada lead 2-1 but all will depend on tomorrow's rubbers. Milos still under the weather but I'm hoping he can pull out a win against Israel's #2 player. If we win tomorrow that's us through to the world group for the first time since...1994 - I think.
    lynne
    lynne

Post  lynne Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:13 am

Thanks Fiona for posting the updates...much appreciated flower
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:26 am

Switzerland lost the dubs in 4 sets to Hewitt and Guccione. Shocker!
    lynne
    lynne

Post  lynne Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:34 am

Did Fed & Stan play the dubs?????
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:17 am

Yup. Acc. to Fed, Stan is not feeling very well.
    lynne
    lynne

Post  lynne Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:10 am

REALLY!!!...Fed said Rolling Eyes ..I could say something but I won't me being all polite & propa like!! What a Face
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:47 am

lol! Lynne.
    Golden Lady
    Golden Lady

Post  Golden Lady Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:47 am

Hope Canada can get the win for you tomorrow RL.

JAMES4578
    JAMES4578

Post  JAMES4578 Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:48 pm

A great win for the Aussies in the doubles,somewhat against the odds! Some drama though as deciding rubber halted at 5-3 to Stan at 5-3 in the 5th due to darkness after Fed beat Tomic in 4. Hopefully Canada in with a shout today!
    cazza99

Post  cazza99 Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:53 pm

Davis Cup site - Darkness halts Davis Cup cliffhanger in Sydney
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:39 am

5-3 to Suisse? Looks like they'll probably go through then.

I'm taping the Canada matches today and watching later coz the kids are watching tv right now. So I'm watching Nando vs Gasquet on livestream at the mo.

Spain win!!! Rafa beat Tsonga 0, 2 and 4. Can't believe I missed his match again. Argh.

Djoko retired vs Potty so Spain will meet Argentina in the final at home. Woo hoo!

Canada lost the fourth rubber in straights coz Milos didn't play due to stomach upset. All down to the fifth rubber. VERY NERVOUS! What a Face

vamosvixs
    vamosvixs

Post  vamosvixs Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:13 am

Rafa was superb this weekend!! Very Happy
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:18 am

Woo hoo! Vashy wins for Canada! In straight sets. Canada through to the world group for the first time since 2004. What a hero! cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:03 pm