Andy Murray

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Andy Murray

The former temporary home of members of the former official forum of tennis player Andy Murray. This forum is no longer in use save as an archive. Please join us by re-registering at www.andymurrayfanforum.com/

+2
ragdoll
supergran
6 posters

Rugby World Cup

supergran
    supergran

Rugby World Cup Empty Rugby World Cup

Post  supergran Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:34 am

Rugby fans, I have started this thread as you can see!! Smile
    ragdoll

Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup

Post  ragdoll Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:13 am

Are we the only rugby fans?? Laughing I haven't seen as much as I'd like (not a morning person Laughing ) but i'm still on a high from Ireland's win on Saturday Very Happy And followed by Dublin winning the all Irealnd for the first time in 16 years it was a great weekend sportswise for me Very Happy
    supergran
    supergran

Post  supergran Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:35 am

It was a fantastic weekend for me too. GB won, England won, Lancashire won (cricket) and Saints beat Wigan (RL) Don't think we are the only Rugby fans but the boys don't seem to be posting a lot on here.
    Hawkeye
    Hawkeye

Post  Hawkeye Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:26 pm

As usual, Scotland snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and now have to beat England to qualify for the QFs.
    Alis

Post  Alis Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:22 pm

Hawkeye wrote:As usual, Scotland snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and now have to beat England to qualify for the QFs.

I agree Scotland should have won that match - just one lapse of concentration when they were controlling the match and that was that. Having said that, we should have had a penalty at the end - the Argentinian player was clearly off side - I would think the ref will cringe when he sees the playback.
    AllyB

Post  AllyB Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:07 am

Hawkeye wrote:As usual, Scotland snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and now have to beat England to qualify for the QFs.

Worse than that, we probably have to beat them by 7 to deny them a bonus point!

Alis wrote:I agree Scotland should have won that match - just one lapse of concentration when they were controlling the match and that was that. Having said that, we should have had a penalty at the end - the Argentinian player was clearly off side - I would think the ref will cringe when he sees the playback.

The ref won't cringe. He was favouring Argentina throughout the match - awarding penalties when a prop loses his footing is a new one to me.

That aside, we shoud have won. One lapse in concentration cost the try, and why Parks wasn't at least 5 yards deeper for the DG attempt we may never know! Its not as if he was near the limit of his range.
    supergran
    supergran

Post  supergran Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:02 am

It's getting a little tense now for English and Scottish fans. Exclamation Exclamation
    AllyB

Post  AllyB Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:13 am

supergran wrote:It's getting a little tense now for English and Scottish fans. Exclamation Exclamation

Just a little. As a Scotland fan I am not expecting to qualify, and just hoping for a good performance. If we somehow manage to do it then it will be a massive bonus.
    Alis

Post  Alis Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:55 am

AllyB wrote:
    supergran wrote:It's getting a little tense now for English and Scottish fans. Exclamation Exclamation

Just a little. As a Scotland fan I am not expecting to qualify, and just hoping for a good performance. If we somehow manage to do it then it will be a massive bonus.

Agreed - I hope for a good match too, whoever wins. Just read about the English officials swapping the ball for Jonny Wilkinson's kicks. I've nothing against the English team but that's blatant cheating - definitely not on boys!!!!!!!
    Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:38 am

Had an email from my tennis club, they will be showing the match tomorrow morning, with coffee and bacon butties at half time! Shall I get up early enough to go and watch? I was intending to get there about 9.30 for the gym, so could get there earlier and be in the gym later?
    Alis

Post  Alis Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:45 am

Linda wrote:Had an email from my tennis club, they will be showing the match tomorrow morning, with coffee and bacon butties at half time! Shall I get up early enough to go and watch? I was intending to get there about 9.30 for the gym, so could get there earlier and be in the gym later?

........... and missing Andy's match!
    Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:59 am

Oh what ? Is Andy's match on at the same time? Oh nooooooo Rugby World Cup Icon_frustration
    Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:20 pm

Oh well, I didn't go to the tennis club 'cos here I am at my computer waiting for Andy's match and keeping an eye on the rugby (we are losing).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:23 pm