Andy Murray

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Andy Murray

The former temporary home of members of the former official forum of tennis player Andy Murray. This forum is no longer in use save as an archive. Please join us by re-registering at www.andymurrayfanforum.com/

+8
Speedy Hawk
Elizabeth
RoastLamb
Admin
SeaBreeze
Golden Lady
Alis
supergran
12 posters

What's the weather like where you are?

supergran
    supergran

What's the weather like where you are? Empty What's the weather like where you are?

Post  supergran Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:34 am

Today started off sunny but now complete cloud cover and it feels chilly!!
    Alis

What's the weather like where you are? Empty Re: What's the weather like where you are?

Post  Alis Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:07 am

Beautiful - blue sky and turquoise sea - wish I could say it was always like this!
    Golden Lady
    Golden Lady

What's the weather like where you are? Empty Re: What's the weather like where you are?

Post  Golden Lady Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:27 am

Rain, rain and more rain in West Yorkshire today!!
    SeaBreeze
    SeaBreeze

Post  SeaBreeze Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:26 am

Bit of inclement weather in these parts you could say! Irene just skirted where I live so we only got some outer bands from it- driving rain and crazy wind, but happily we needed the rain so no flash flooding or anything. I'm pretty sure the air now weighs more than I do and we have very low, dark clouds hanging out. Once the system moves more northward, we'll have the most beautiful weather imaginable behind it.

I've been going to the beach to check out the surf and man the Atlantic is wild right now. I'm hoping the storm surge from this system isn't too bad- the islands in the Carolinas don't need that!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:44 am

Alis wrote:Beautiful - blue sky and turquoise sea - wish I could say it was always like this!
    Hahaha we've got your weather Alis!!!
    Golden Lady wrote:Rain, rain and more rain in West Yorkshire today!!
    Yup. A journey that normally takes me 1hr 45mins has just taken 3hrs..... torretial rain, minor bumps causing hold ups and peeps driving more slowly.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:46 am

SeaBreeze wrote:Bit of inclement weather in these parts you could say! Irene just skirted where I live so we only got some outer bands from it- driving rain and crazy wind, but happily we needed the rain so no flash flooding or anything. I'm pretty sure the air now weighs more than I do and we have very low, dark clouds hanging out. Once the system moves more northward, we'll have the most beautiful weather imaginable behind it.

I've been going to the beach to check out the surf and man the Atlantic is wild right now. I'm hoping the storm surge from this system isn't too bad- the islands in the Carolinas don't need that!
    My brother is in Bermuda; they're not on storm watch but I bet they're getting the effect of Irene.

I love your avvy SeaBreeze - Eiger north face?
    I've been up the railway inside the mountain and up to the observatory on the col between those 2 peaks in your piccy. The ice station is incredible as is the station inside the North Face.
    SeaBreeze
    SeaBreeze

Post  SeaBreeze Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:02 am

Admin wrote:
    My brother is in Bermuda; they're not on storm watch but I bet they're getting the effect of Irene.

I've been up the railway inside the mountain and up to the observatory on the col between those 2 peaks in your piccy. The ice station is incredible as is the station inside the North Face.

Your brother is probably seeing the same crazy surf we're getting here. Hopefully people have the sense to stay out of the ocean!

You're exactly right about the avatar; I actually took that photo getting onto the train to go to Jungfrau Smile The town is Klein Scheidegg.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:05 am

SeaBreeze wrote:
    Admin wrote:

Your brother is probably seeing the same crazy surf we're getting here. Hopefully people have the sense to stay out of the ocean!

You're exactly right about the avatar; I actually took that photo getting onto the train to go to Jungfrau Smile The town is Klein Scheidegg.
    I thought as much. I used to go ski-ing there, stayed in Wengen and used the trains to get up Kleine Scheidegg to hit the ski runs. I loved it there - especially ski-ing to some of the mountain restaurants and having hot apple fritters!!!
    Memories ....... many.
    SeaBreeze
    SeaBreeze

Post  SeaBreeze Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:09 am

Admin wrote:
    I thought as much. I used to go ski-ing there, stayed in Wengen and used the trains to get up Kleine Scheidegg to hit the ski runs. I loved it there - especially ski-ing to some of the mountain restaurants and having hot apple fritters!!!
    Memories ....... many.

There were tons of skiers there when I went. I was jealous but as I was traveling solo resisted the urge. Such a lovely place; I felt like I was in a living postcard haha
    RoastLamb
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:41 am

We had a tornado watch t'other night but nowt happened where we were staying. Instead, it happened at home. Weird!!!
    supergran
    supergran

Post  supergran Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:12 am

A glorious sunny September day today!
    Elizabeth

Post  Elizabeth Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:22 am

The weather here was quite nice today, if a bit on the cool side. My daughter and her husband took off for Corsica this morning and she sent a text to say they had been diverted to Rome as weather very bad in Corsica - there is always someone worse off.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:23 am

Elizabeth wrote:The weather here was quite nice today, if a bit on the cool side. My daughter and her husband took off for Corsica this morning and she sent a text to say they had been diverted to Rome as weather very bad in Corsica - there is always someone worse off.
    Hope we'll have decent weather in a couple of weeks time at DC!!!
    Very Happy
    Elizabeth

Post  Elizabeth Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:35 am

I have ordered good weather for Davis Cup!!
    Alis

Post  Alis Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:15 am

Sunny here today but there is definitely a smell of autumn in the air.
    Speedy Hawk
    Speedy Hawk

Post  Speedy Hawk Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:52 am

Bit cold and windy and sunny same time.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:37 am

It's been raining hard the last couple of hours and got a lot colder!!!
    supergran
    supergran

Post  supergran Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am

Cloudy all day with strong winds that kept the rain away. However it rained this evening for a while. Temperature definitely dropping each night.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:02 pm

Hmmm, I think the Eastern Atlantic seaboard is still feeling the after effects of Hurricane Irene passing and there is another one on it's way.

She's Hurricane Katia, set to become a category 4 in 9hrs time, she's currently about 900miles from the USA out in the Atlantic.

However, Katia is projected to pass up between Bermuda (300miles away and probably on red alert) and NYC (400miles) in 3 days time (Friday) and still be a #2 or ##1 by then so that is likely to create some stormy weather.

If you look at Katia's track she veers due East by Sunday 11th - and heads towards Europel. Unlikely to be a Hurricane by the time she reaches our side of the pond but could bring bad weather this time next week.

Stormpulse is the best website for Hurricane watching!

http://www.stormpulse.com/

Last edited by Admin on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    supergran
    supergran

Post  supergran Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:56 am

Thanks for that...am an avid weather watcher. Love the bit about bringing us bad weather....we have it most weeks here. What's new! lol!
    Alis

Post  Alis Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:21 am

Really wet this morning although it's brightened up now. The first really high tide of the autumn bringing a huge dump of seaweed.
    Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:08 am

It's been really windy and raining all last night and all day today Sad
    cazza99

Post  cazza99 Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:14 am

Linda wrote:It's been really windy and raining all last night and all day today Sad

Are you in New York by any chance? tongue
    Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:18 am

Just looked out the window. No skyscrapers. So probably not. Just got their weather.
    supergran
    supergran

Post  supergran Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:20 am

Windy and wet earlier. Brightened up a little this afternoon. Not a bad evening so far.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 pm