Andy Murray

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Andy Murray

The former temporary home of members of the former official forum of tennis player Andy Murray. This forum is no longer in use save as an archive. Please join us by re-registering at www.andymurrayfanforum.com/

5 posters

Rakuten Japan Open

Alis

Rakuten Japan Open Empty Rakuten Japan Open

Post  Alis Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:37 pm

The draw looks nice and easy for Andy in Japan!!!!

1st round - Bagdhatis
    2nd round - Nieminen or Bogmolov Junior
    3rd round - Nalbandian or Monaco
    Semis - Ferrer or Stepanek
    Final - Nadal or Fish

No problem there then - good luck Andy!

jeannie13
    jeannie13

Rakuten Japan Open Empty Re: Rakuten Japan Open

Post  jeannie13 Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:14 am

Alis wrote:The draw looks nice and easy for Andy in Japan!!!!

1st round - Bagdhatis
    2nd round - Nieminen or Bogmolov Junior
    3rd round - Nalbandian or Monaco
    Semis - Ferrer or Stepanek
    Final - Nadal or Fish

No problem there then - good luck Andy!

Andy capable of beating most of them. Ferrer is always difficult as is Rafa. Masters tournies are always tough, but the cream will rise to the top--hopefully Andy flower
    Katie
    Katie

Post  Katie Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:21 am

Baghdatis is a really tough first round draw - Andy's got a losing record against him (1-3, including a victory to Baghdatis in Rotterdam this year). Baghdatis is a finalist too this week so he's playing well, but hopefully Andy will still come through that match.
    Linda
    Linda

Post  Linda Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:50 am

Here's a link to the full draw: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2011/329/mds.pdf

And here's a link to the doubles draw (Andy partnering Jamie): http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2011/329/mdd.pdf
    jeannie13
    jeannie13

Post  jeannie13 Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:03 am

Katie wrote:Baghdatis is a really tough first round draw - Andy's got a losing record against him (1-3, including a victory to Baghdatis in Rotterdam this year). Baghdatis is a finalist too this week so he's playing well, but hopefully Andy will still come through that match.

Baghdatis beat him in rotterdam--yes,but it was just after Andy's loss in the AO final & Andy was very low. He is in a much better place at the moment, so I expect a good, competitive match ,with a win for Andy. Smile
    JAMES4578
    JAMES4578

Post  JAMES4578 Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:25 am

Could be a few tough encounters but if Andy is in form should go a long way! Of course this is a 500, the Masters is in Shanghai the following week.
    jeannie13
    jeannie13

Post  jeannie13 Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:03 am

JAMES4578 wrote:Could be a few tough encounters but if Andy is in form should go a long way! Of course this is a 500, the Masters is in Shanghai the following week.

Sorry, forgot it was a 500 & not a masters Embarassed
    Alis

Post  Alis Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:10 am

I had thought that Andy would have a bye in the first round. Does that mean he will have to travel to Tokyo in time to play on Tuesday? I suppose it's the same for Bagdhatis though - he's in the final at Kuala Lumpur tomorrow.
    Katie
    Katie

Post  Katie Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:09 am

jeannie13 wrote:
    Baghdatis beat him in rotterdam--yes,but it was just after Andy's loss in the AO final & Andy was very low. He is in a much better place at the moment, so I expect a good, competitive match ,with a win for Andy. Smile
    That's true, it was the start of this years' post-AO slump and Andy did play an awful match. I'm always a bit wary of Baghdatis anyway though as he's capable of playing very aggressive tennis which on a fast court like Tokyo could be very effective. But if Andy plays well then he should win. This will be Andy's first match against Marcos since Miles Maclagan took over as his coach - will be interesting to see him in the stands!

Alis - I think the rule for byes in 500 tournaments depends on draw size. In draws like Tokyo where there are 32 players then there are no byes, but there are byes in bigger draws of 48 or 56 players. Will be tough for both Andy and Marcos - I guess the first round match could be played on Wednesday, but that would potentially mean five matches in five consecutive days for Andy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:39 am