Andy Murray

The former temporary home of members of the former official forum of tennis player Andy Murray. This forum is no longer in use save as an archive. Please join us by re-registering at www.andymurrayfanforum.com/

US OPEN 2011, Qtr Final: Andy fells The Tree, 7'5, 6'4, 3'6, 7'6, into the Semi-Final

Alis

Re: US OPEN 2011, Qtr Final: Andy fells The Tree, 7'5, 6'4, 3'6, 7'6, into the Semi-Final

Post  Alis on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:15 pm

RoastLamb wrote:I thought Isner would be easy to beat. Well, not easy. but not as hard as today. I hate it when Andy gets all negative. The commies on CBS were all complaining about it and apologising for his bad language. Johnny Mac, who has predicted Andy to win the whole thing, said it's that negative attitude that is holding him back from winning a GS.

But I enjoyed the match all the same and I knew he'd win.

Remember that Isner took Rafa to 5 sets in Paris - his serve is a ngihtmare to return when it's on song. Well done Andy for getting it done in 4!
    Linda

Re: US OPEN 2011, Qtr Final: Andy fells The Tree, 7'5, 6'4, 3'6, 7'6, into the Semi-Final

Post  Linda on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:28 pm

Madeline wrote:
    harriet wrote:i wrote a good piece earlier and it has got lost in the post
    This happened to me a few times on this board, until I realised that after you write a reply and click "submit", it often comes back with a message that there have been new posts while you were writing and asks if you still want to submit the post. If you notice this and click on "save", your post goes ahead, but if you don't notice it and just move straight on to another thread, your post will vanish into thin air.

You can change your profile so that doesn't happen.
    Lindsaywebb64

Post  Lindsaywebb64 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:34 pm

Besides joining that elite "7" did Andy set another record yesterday. How many have played in front ofthe Queen of England and the First Lady of America?
    Pam

Post  Pam on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:42 pm

RoastLamb wrote:I thought Isner would be easy to beat. Well, not easy. but not as hard as today. I hate it when Andy gets all negative. The commies on CBS were all complaining about it and apologising for his bad language. Johnny Mac, who has predicted Andy to win the whole thing, said it's that negative attitude that is holding him back from winning a GS.

I must have been watching a different match! I don't think Andy was negative at all yesterday. I think he did very well to stay focused when Isner came back at him. I didn't hear one swear word at all.
    pabbers

Post  pabbers on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:53 pm

Pam wrote:

I must have been watching a different match! I don't think Andy was negative at all yesterday. I think he did very well to stay focused when Isner came back at him. I didn't hear one swear word at all.

I didn't notice any negative behaviour either - in fact I thought he kept it all together really well, especially after being broken in the 3rd set. Wished he could have done it in 3 sets, as his match was almost twice the length of Rafa's but hey, can't have it all and at least he's through! WELL DONE ANDY!!!
    pabbers

Post  pabbers on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:11 pm

[quote="supergran BTW I have promised a certain Saint a charitable donation each match. But I will honour it. Next time you see me I may be destitute and relying on the kindness of friends. [/quote]

Well don't look at me next weekend......... lol!

Just read through all the posts and wanted to say that I don't think Andy dipped at all in level, it was Isner in the 3rd who realised the end was in sight and decided to play risky lights out tennis that worked for a while. But as is often the case with a lower ranked player, he simply couldn't keep it up.

Don't think the scheduling matters too much now. Both Andy and Rafa have been in the unfortunate side of the draw so are equally disadvantaged and although Rafa's match was shorter than Andy's yesterday, he was on second so has a bit less time in which to recover. Whoever wins today will get a day off which hopefully will be sufficient prep for the final even if today is a 5 setter.
    RoastLamb

Post  RoastLamb on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:13 am

Pam wrote:

Wow! I did and I couldn't have imagined it as the Johnny Mac and Dick Enberg certainly commented on it. But thankfully it didn't last long. Presumably coz he had two sets in the bag. And he did swear a few times. But then I'm very sensitive to it as I have two young kids watching with me.

Alis, what you were saying before about Isner's serve. When they do the camera angle at the players' level you can really get a sense of how fast and powerful the serve really is. Very scary!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:42 pm